Tuesday, July 1, 2014

BabyKIcks Swim Diapers or Why you dont need to rewash disposable swim diapers

Recently I was Looking at some fun summer blog posts about summer attire for infants and I ran across an article on how you can wash disposable swim diapers. My first thought was, "that is ridiculous" Washing them defeats the purpose of them being disposable in the first place! I couldnt understand why someone would want to do that and so I asked. I was told by a friend that the sposie swimmers are very expensive for a package and the goal is to only buy one package to last a long time, I can understand that but I cant understand reusing something that isnt meant to be reused. In the same vein as disposable food packages and water bottles washing and reusing an item made of disposable material might be a bad idea. You can not be sure that the chemicals and plastics used to make a disposable item will not begin to breakdown when exposed to the violent agitation in a washer or the cleaning agents in detergent.
 I had my second baby last Autumn and only just started needing a swim option this month so I got  a Babykicks Swimmer it cost less than a large package of Swim diapers (Its $13.95 at BabyKicks Website)
There are 4 sizes of Babykicks Swim Diapers



available. The size I got was large (which starts at 21lbs but My baby is nearly 20lbs so I decided that size would work best for us) The diaper is very attractive with a Gender Neutral print that has cute crabs, live preservers, light houses,fish and anchors on it. I love that it can be easily pulled on or unsnapped at the side in case of a big poo mess.
The first time I took baby in the pool we used a regular diaper with ot and insert and it was difficult to put on him at the pool, the babyKicks swimmer was very easy to pull on and take off after we were done.
On the way to the pool we put a babyicks doubler in the swimmer to absorb and peepee that happened before getting in the water. Once baby is in the water swim diapers disposable or otherwise DO NOT CONTAIN URINE, I my experience with disposable swimmers and my first child they didn't even absorb urine before hitting the water. I saw that baby did pee when we were trying on the Babykicks Anchors away Swim diaper upon its arrival and it was contained by the swimmer, while baby modeled the diaper and I took a photo.!My baby did Poop while at the splash park and I didn't realize he did until we went to change. I simple undid the side snaps and changed him. the poop was easily rinsed out of the mesh interior and he could have put it back on to play more. The babykicks Simmer was less bulky than I remember the Disposables being and I really like the sift elastic that didn't leave marks on my baby the way disposable swimmer can tend to do.
Over all I am happy with the way the swim diaper from Baby kicks is preforming for us. I am nopt worried about washing it because unlike its disposable counterparts it is meant to be washed. I intend on using it for this and next summer as long as it fits him we will also try it when we get to potty learning. Its pull up design and water proof cover will make a great addition to our training pants collection!
I would suggest this as an affordable option to people in the summer who want a cute water diapering option!

No comments:

Post a Comment